If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to refer to the instructions below. You will be required to list the countries and areas you are visiting.
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Instructions for patients requiring holiday vaccinations
- Download and complete the Travel Risk Assessment form
- Email the completed form to: email@example.com
- This form will be picked up by the travel clinic nurse who will call you between the following times : Monday 3pm – 7pm or Thursday 2.30pm – 6.30pm to make you an appointment to have your vaccinations.
- Appointments at the travel clinic will be on Mondays between 3pm & 7pm and Thursdays between 2.30pm & 6.30pm
- The travel clinics will be held at Marybrook Medical Centre in Berkeley GL13 9BL
- when the travel nurse phones you, she will advise you as to what the cost of your jabs will be – this needs to be paid BEFORE your appointment, this can be paid by card online or by BACS transfer, the travel nurse will have further information regarding this when she calls you.
- At your appointment the travel nurse will have access to your computerised medical record, the vaccinations you receive will be entered on to your record and will be available to the Nurses & GPs at the practice should this information be required in the future.
- If you have any queries the travel clinic nurse will be happy to answer them for you and can be contacted via the email address above.
- We hope that you will find the new Travel Vaccination service convenient and easy to use, but if you do encounter any problems please phone or email the practice to let us know and we will do our best to help you.
- If you DO NOT have access to a computer or email, please pop in to the surgery & collect a Travel Risk Assessment form from reception. Once completed please hand the form to the receptionist who will email it to the travel clinic on your behalf.
- If you require a printed list of your previous vaccinations for travel purposes, we can provide this for you, just ask at the reception desk - the cost will be 45p. At busy times you may be asked to come back to collect the list.
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.
Travel Risk Assessment Form
Vaccination Price List