Flu vaccinations 2019-20 season - Watch this space for advice on when appointments are available for booking
We will make appointments available for patients aged 65 years and over and for patients who are under 65 years and classed as ‘at risk’.
Please telephone & book an appointment - 01453 842214
Flu vaccinations will also be offered opportunistically during Nurse/Doctor consultations to patients who fit in to the categories below.
Patients classed as ‘At risk’ will fall in to one or more of the following categories:
- Asthmatics on regular steroidal medication
- Patients with COPD/chronic bronchitis/emphysema/cystic fibrosis/ interstitial lung fibrosis/pneumoconiosis/ bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Chronic liver disease – cirrhosis/ biliary atresia/ chronic hepatitis
- Chronic kidney disease at stage 3,4 or 5/ chronic kidney failure, nephrotic syndrome/ kidney transplantation
- Immunosuppression due to disease or treatment including patients undergoing chemotherapy/ bone marrow transplant/ HIV infection/ multiple myeloma
- Asplenia/ sickle cell disease and coeliac syndrome
All patients over the age of 65 years are eligible for a flu vaccination.